The texts in this blog are published with their original spelling and grammar. No comments and teacher feedback are included.

Friday, May 13, 2011

A Case of the Stubborn (review)

Robert Blotch
(Review by Florencia Villaverde)

A Case of the Stubborn is a zombie`s story written by the well-known author Robert Blotch. It tells the strange events of a southern family that has to deal with their dead grandfather.

The old man, who suffered a fatal heart attack, refuses to believe that he has died and continues with his life normally, as if nothing has happened. However, it causes great trouble to his relatives so his gransdson decides to adopt severe measures in order to prove him that he has already begun to rot.

It`s a very interesting story with a funny ending. You would really enjoy reading it. Highly recommended.

8 comments:

Angélica said...

Short and sweet review!!
The only things I would change are:
-the expression "zombie's story". I'm not so sure it can be used this way. I might be wrong.
-the word "funny" in the last paragraph. Is it funny as in strange or as in humorous?

The rest is clear and precise.
Good job!!!

Anonymous said...

congrats!!! I wish I wrote this way sometimes!!! I always mess thing up! I liked your simplicity...
laura
ah! another thing: measures? I don't know... It sounds a little strange...

Adriana said...

Short and clear!Good review!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Flor, Your review is so clear and encouriging that I would like to read this short story, especially because I think that the funny ending you mention is a humorous one. Renée

Anonymous said...

Hi Flor!!!

I liked your review very much it is really clear and short and made me feel curiosity about the story and its ending so I've read it. I enjoyed it very much!!!!

Silvia Storino

Silvina Rago said...

Hi Flor!

Very clear review! As Laura said I also wish I could write that clearly! Concerning the story I like funny endings, so I'll probably read it!

Guadalupe said...

Flor, your review is short and easy to follow. Well done!!

Florencia Villaverde said...

Thanks for your comments girls! I really appreciate them. The "funny ending" of the story, as renèe said, means a humorous one.